Friday, July 3, 2020

the drifter

Seven summers ago, when my son was 10 years old, his favorite thing to do in the world was to go swimming. Pretty much every day that summer, I took him swimming. I myself, would jump in and take a few laps, and get out after 5 minutes.  He'd stay in 2 or 3 hours a day. I spent all the extra time waiting on him writing a "novel". It filled 6 spiral notebooks in cursive. At the end of the summer I put it away in a box thinking "one day I'll find the time to type this up". Well, thank you COVID-19, I've finally found the time. I'm about 85% done typing it up. As I finished typing this chapter, I realized, with just a few additions, it could stand on it's on as a short story.  The rest of the book is posted elsewhere on my blog.


The Drifter

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful and sad at the same time... tearing at my heart strings!

    ReplyDelete